Head of Asset Management
Job Title: Head of Asset Management
Reports to: Director of Assets, Development & Sales
Responsible for: Colleagues within Asset Management Team
- Lead, manage, develop an Asset Management Strategy which demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the performance of our stock and develop an investment approach that maximises value (in terms of the net financial contribution of assets), delivers value for money and accords with regularity requirements.
- Responsible for the identification of works and delivery of the Community Housing’s 30-year major works improvement programmes to ensure that our homes meet agreed component replacement cycles and conform to the Decent Homes Standard.
- Take the lead in developing plans to achieve net zero carbon and develop an Environmental Plan to show how we will get there.
- Start the net zero carbon journey by working out our carbon footprint and producing an investment plan to bring more than 900 homes up to EPC Level C.
- Commission all major programmes, including those that are executed by the in-house team and be the lead officer for construction related contracts and client health and safety requirements (including those that are put in place to provide back-up to the in-house team – Property Care).
- Undertake a regular performance analysis of the stock and identify homes that have reached the end of their useful life for disposal.
- Prepare annual investment programmes in conjunction with finance and ensure that capitalisation of works accords to the criteria established by the finance team.
- Contribute to the development of Keystone and asset management software and ensure that stock condition data (including property components) is accurately recorded and profiled on the system.
- Ensure that stock condition surveying is kept up to date and that periodic independent evaluations of the data are undertaken to check for accuracy.
- Deliver value for money coordinated projects across the stock portfolio and be responsible for the timely, effective, and efficient delivery of Community Housing’s investment programmes.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Good knowledge of legislation, regulation and good practice covering all aspects of Asset Management/Repairs and Maintenance Services.
- Good technical knowledge in all areas of maintenance including the managing and supervising of maintenance works.
- Strong technical knowledge in all areas of maintenance including the managing and supervising of maintenance works.
- Significant experience of managing asset management services at a senior level.
- Significant experience and knowledge of the procurement and implementation of maintenance and major repairs services at a senior level.
- Experience of managing in a customer-focused, performance-driven organisation within the housing, voluntary or private sector.
- Significant experience of using customer insight data to identify trends and effectively target resources to address risks and exploit opportunities for service development.
- Experience of managing a team, motivating and supporting to achieve performance targets, individual development and service improvement.
- Proven track record of producing and implementing strategic and operational plans to ensure that targets are met, and that Community Housing achieves upper quartile performance compared to other RPs.
- Proven track record of achieving continuous improvement to deliver value for money and efficiency.
- Ability to understand complex financial information, knowledge and understanding of business processes.
- Experience of managing significant budgets effectively and achieving income maximisation.
Education & Qualifications:
- Professional qualification or equivalent in asset management/building surveying.
- Significant senior leadership experience in equivalent areas.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
Abilities & Skills:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an approachable style.
- Strong negotiator and influencer, able to work intuitively with a wide range of stakeholder and secure buy-in.
- Able to demonstrate commercial acumen and entrepreneurial skills which enable Community Housing to leverage best value.
- Proactively demonstrates a strong commitment to equality and diversity.
- Demonstrates organisational skills with ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives and meet conflicting demands.
- Numerate and data rational; effectively gathers, analyses and utilises information.
- Strong attention to detail and identification and mitigation of risks.
- Willingness to work flexibly on occasions regarding attendance at meetings, external conferences and other events.