Head of Customer Experience
Job Title: Head of Customer Experience
Reports to: Director of Housing and Communities
Responsible for: Colleagues within the Customer Services Team
- Develop a strong leadership presence, lead on driving the organisation forward through the successful delivery of customer service excellence through strong leadership of the Customer Contact Centre, customer digital experience, complaints management, documenting service standards and putting in place a scripting and diagnostic response to help our people respond effectively to customers with confidence.
- Look after the welfare of colleagues to make sure that colleagues take appropriate breaks and do not encounter burn-out.
- Develop a reputation with our own customers for providing consistently high standards of customer care.
- Ensure that sufficient resources are in place to respond to customer queries and with more resources available at known peak contact times.
- Deliver proactive communications to customers, e.g. notification to residents when a lift engineer visit has been booked with follow-up messages when communal area repairs have been fixed.
- Drive cross-functional continuous improvement of key performance indicators in Customer Excellence and provide vision, leadership, direction and support for the organisation.
- Deliver systems in partnership with customers to achieve a first-time fix for customers, e.g. 95% of customer queries are resolved when customers first contact us and without them needing to chase us up.
- Involve customers in designing all service improvements to ensure user friendliness and the right tone of voice etc.
- Measure customer satisfaction and develop a deep understanding of the causes of dissatisfaction and spread messages across the business to ensure that we learn lessons.
- Develop customer insight and analyse all calls to measure and spot trends, e.g. clusters of ASB, environmental concerns, state of communal areas etc. Develop trends analysis and seek to discuss the findings regularly with operational managers to make sure that mistakes and common faults are not repeated.
- Ensure that complaints are responded to within agreed timescales, with the vast majority being resolved at the point that complaint is made. Undertake complaints analysis and share the trends from complaints with managers and colleagues to ensure that lessons are learned.
- Develop strong relationships with managers and colleagues throughout the business ensuring strong communication flows to avoid situations that negatively impact on customers.
- Development and delivery of Community Housing’s customer service strategic plans and provision of senior managerial leadership expertise on customer services, digital, research and insight to ensure effortless delivery of services.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Experience of developing and implementing strategies and leading on change management activities with expertise of leading and delivering an integrated customer experience across multi-channel touch points.
- Experience of strategic planning, commercial and operational running of customer facing teams.
- Experience of operating in a multi-channel customer facing environment.
- Demonstrable experience of building strong working relationships with internal colleagues (across services), external stakeholders and partners.
- Demonstrates organisational skills with ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives and meet conflicting demands.
- Possess problem solving and analytical capability; experience of managing ambiguity, developing and analysing metrics to find root causes and develop short, medium and long-term plans.
- Strong commercial management and acumen, ability to understand risk and exploit opportunities.
- Experience of developing a strong service culture, based upon a thorough understanding of the commercial and social environment.
- Proven track record of achieving continuous improvement to deliver value for money and efficiency.
- Able to understand complex financial information and have a knowledge and understanding of business processes.
- Business acumen and commercial awareness.
- Experience of managing significant budgets effectively and achieving income maximisation.
- Experience of managing a team, motivating and supporting to achieve performance targets, individual development and service improvement.
- A proven track record of producing and implementing strategic and operational plans to ensure that targets are met and that Community Housing achieves upper quartile performance compared to other RPs.
- Demonstrable experience of developing contact centres including rota/resource management to provide excellent customer service and strong colleague work/life balance.
Education & Qualifications:
- Professional qualification or equivalent in Customer Services or significant senior leadership experience in equivalent areas.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
Abilities & Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an approachable style.
- Strong negotiator and influencer, able to work intuitively with a wide range of stakeholder and secure buy-in.
- Able to demonstrate commercial acumen and entrepreneurial skills which enable Community Housing to leverage best value.
- Proactively demonstrate strong commitment to equality and diversity.
- Demonstrate organisational skills with ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives and meet conflicting demands.
- Numerate and data rational; effectively gathers, analyses and utilises information.
- Strong attention to detail and identification and mitigation of risks.
- Willingness to work flexibly on occasions regarding attendance at meetings, external conferences and other events.